Developing Countries Will Lead Global Rice Import Growth in 2013-22, Says USDA Rice growers positive California MG prices are UP Russia MG Harvest coming to end Egypt open rice exports Vietnam’s rice export in tough competition with India Thai rice exports in May Rise Above Target This Year Viet-Nam Rice exports likely to fall this year
Australia Medium Grain Rice #1 $ N/A    Egypt 101 #2 $760    Egypt 178 #2 Rice $730    EU Prices Baldo €660    EU Prices LG-A Ariete 5% €550    EU Prices MG Lotto 5% €500    EU Prices RG Balilla 5% €500    Russia Rapan $ 700    USA Jupiter Paddy $375    USA Calrose #1 Paddy $480    USA Jupiter Rice $630    USA Calrose #1 $830   

 Main Page
 Home Page of This Title
 Medium Grain Rice Market
 Global Market News
 Grain News
 Pulses News
 Global Overview
 Importers Profile
 Exporters Profile
 What Is Rice
 History Of Rice
 Rice Harvest Seasons
 Rice Processing
 Rice Nutrition Facts
 Meals With Rice
 Restaurants
 INCO Terms
 Ports
 US Rice Standards
 EU Codex Standards
 Egyptian Specs
 Sponsor List
 All Links
 Rice
 Grain
 Agriculture
 Commodity Exchange
 Weather
 Other
 Info
 Editor
 Advertisement
 Technical
Search in news database
Taiwan awarded a public tender
Taiwan awarded a public tender for 17,000 tons of medium grain rice to a U.S. supplier on November 2. Tenders for smaller quantities of other types of rice failed because of ceiling price issues. This is the second successful tender since rice prices exceeded Taiwan’s calculated ceiling price earlier this year, causing several tenders to fail. As of today, Taiwan has contracted 45 percent of its public sector rice quota for 2005, and 12 percent of the total quota amount has been delivered to Taiwan.

Tender for 17,000 tons of Medium Brown Rice Succeeded

On November 2, Taiwan awarded a tender for 17,000 tons of medium grain brown rice to a U.S. supplier at NT$17,247/mt or $514/mt. The tender went smoothly. With four participants competing, the tender was completed in one round of bidding. This is the second successful tender since several tenders failed earlier this year due to ceiling price issues. This tender follows the successful October 20th tender for 10,000 tons (reported in TW5042). Unfortunately, tenders for 3,000 tons of long grain brown rice and 600 tons of milled glutinous short grain rice failed due to bid prices that exceeded the ceiling price. The primary supplier of long grain brown rice to Taiwan is Thailand. (Exchange rate on November 2 is $1 to NT$33.58.)

Taiwan has contracted for 45 percent of its public sector rice quota as of November 2. The United States has captured 92 percent of public sector rice imports so far this year, and Thailand has the remaining 8 percent. See the following two tables for public rice tender results and schedules.
MGR Archive 6.11.2005
Printer Friendly Version Of This Article
Send This Article To A Friend
User Name:
Password:
      Forgot your Password?
Region Type Price  
Russia Rapan $ 700
USA Jupiter Rice $630
USA Calrose #1 $830
USA Calrose #1 Paddy $480
EU Prices Baldo €660
Click for Details

Medium Grain Reports
Rice Market News
World Rice Markets and Trade
USDA Country Reports
Rice Market Monitor
Rice Outlook
Italian Paddy Supply
European Rice Weekly
EU Reports
Convert this amount:


Convert
  © 2002 All rights reserved. - Legal Notice