Developing Countries Will Lead Global Rice Import Growth in 2013-22, Says USDA Rice growers positive California MG prices are UP Russia MG Harvest coming to end Egypt open rice exports Vietnam’s rice export in tough competition with India Thai rice exports in May Rise Above Target This Year Viet-Nam Rice exports likely to fall this year
Australia Medium Grain Rice #1 $ N/A    Egypt 101 #2 $760    Egypt 178 #2 Rice $730    EU Prices Baldo €660    EU Prices LG-A Ariete 5% €550    EU Prices MG Lotto 5% €500    EU Prices RG Balilla 5% €500    Russia Rapan $ 700    USA Jupiter Paddy $375    USA Calrose #1 Paddy $480    USA Jupiter Rice $630    USA Calrose #1 $830   

 Main Page
 Home Page of This Title
 Medium Grain Rice Market
 Global Market News
 Grain News
 Pulses News
 Global Overview
 Importers Profile
 Exporters Profile
 What Is Rice
 History Of Rice
 Rice Harvest Seasons
 Rice Processing
 Rice Nutrition Facts
 Meals With Rice
 INCO Terms
 US Rice Standards
 EU Codex Standards
 Egyptian Specs
 Sponsor List
 All Links
 Commodity Exchange
Search in news database
Uruguayan milled rice production
Post forecasts MY2004/05 milled rice production at 749,000 metric tons (MT) on 180,000 hectares (has) based on information from the Association of Rice Producers (ACA). Rough rice production is forecast at 1.070 million metric tons (MMT). Preliminary forecasts estimated planted acreage at 200,000 has. However, low water levels in reservoirs and rivers during October and the beginning of November decreased planting expectations. The MY2003/04 harvest concluded with a production of 924,000 MT (1.32 MMT rough production) on 195,000 has. Yields in MY2004/05 averaged 6.75 kg/has.

There are three main rice-producing areas in Uruguay. The Northern Zone (Artigas and Salto) and the Central Zone (Rivera, Tacuarembó, west of Cerro Largo, and north of Durazno), combined, account for 46 percent of rice production, equally distributed between the two areas. The remaining 54 percent of production is concentrated in the Eastern Zone (Rocha, Lavalleja, Treinta y Tres and the east of Cerro Largo).
MGR Archive 24.12.2004
Printer Friendly Version Of This Article
Send This Article To A Friend
User Name:
      Forgot your Password?
Region Type Price  
Russia Rapan $ 700
USA Jupiter Rice $630
USA Calrose #1 $830
USA Calrose #1 Paddy $480
EU Prices Baldo €660
Click for Details

Medium Grain Reports
Rice Market News
World Rice Markets and Trade
USDA Country Reports
Rice Market Monitor
Rice Outlook
Italian Paddy Supply
European Rice Weekly
EU Reports
Convert this amount:

  © 2002 All rights reserved. - Legal Notice