Developing Countries Will Lead Global Rice Import Growth in 2013-22, Says USDA Rice growers positive California MG prices are UP Russia MG Harvest coming to end Egypt open rice exports Vietnam’s rice export in tough competition with India Thai rice exports in May Rise Above Target This Year Viet-Nam Rice exports likely to fall this year
Australia Medium Grain Rice #1 $ N/A    Egypt 101 #2 $760    Egypt 178 #2 Rice $730    EU Prices Baldo €660    EU Prices LG-A Ariete 5% €550    EU Prices MG Lotto 5% €500    EU Prices RG Balilla 5% €500    Russia Rapan $ 700    USA Jupiter Paddy $375    USA Calrose #1 Paddy $480    USA Jupiter Rice $630    USA Calrose #1 $830   

 Main Page
 Home Page of This Title
 Medium Grain Rice Market
 Global Market News
 Grain News
 Pulses News
 Global Overview
 Importers Profile
 Exporters Profile
 What Is Rice
 History Of Rice
 Rice Harvest Seasons
 Rice Processing
 Rice Nutrition Facts
 Meals With Rice
 Restaurants
 INCO Terms
 Ports
 US Rice Standards
 EU Codex Standards
 Egyptian Specs
 Sponsor List
 All Links
 Rice
 Grain
 Agriculture
 Commodity Exchange
 Weather
 Other
 Info
 Editor
 Advertisement
 Technical
Search in news database
Taiwan announced its tender schedule for 2005
On December 16, 2004, Taiwan announced its 2005 tender schedule for publicly imported rice. As before, the Central Trust of China (CTOC) will conduct the tenders on behalf of the Agriculture & Food Agency, Council of Agriculture (COA). In general, the delivery terms for all tenders are 115 days, except for the first and last tenders, which will have shorter delivery terms.

The first tender was announced on December 14, 2004 for 3,000 tons of milled long grain glutinous rice for delivery by January 2005. This first glutinous rice tender has been brought forward to ensure a sufficient supply for the Chinese New Year Holidays, which falls in the week of February 7.

The official tender document for all remaining 2005 public imports will be published at the same time as the second tender is announced. As in years past, there will be a comment period for importers to review the document.

According to COA, there will be some minor revisions in the 2005 tender document. Although COA did not reveal specifics, the changes were made to “facilitate the handling of rice imports”.

Of the total quota of 94,068 tons allocated to public sector imports, 38 percent will be specified for the current crop year (2004), up by two percent from a year earlier. The remaining 62 percent will specify new crop
MGR Archive 22.12.2004
Printer Friendly Version Of This Article
Send This Article To A Friend
User Name:
Password:
      Forgot your Password?
Region Type Price  
Russia Rapan $ 700
USA Jupiter Rice $630
USA Calrose #1 $830
USA Calrose #1 Paddy $480
EU Prices Baldo €660
Click for Details

Medium Grain Reports
Rice Market News
World Rice Markets and Trade
USDA Country Reports
Rice Market Monitor
Rice Outlook
Italian Paddy Supply
European Rice Weekly
EU Reports
Convert this amount:


Convert
  © 2002 All rights reserved. - Legal Notice