Developing Countries Will Lead Global Rice Import Growth in 2013-22, Says USDA Rice growers positive California MG prices are UP Russia MG Harvest coming to end Egypt open rice exports Vietnam’s rice export in tough competition with India Thai rice exports in May Rise Above Target This Year Viet-Nam Rice exports likely to fall this year
Australia Medium Grain Rice #1 $ N/A    Egypt 101 #2 $760    Egypt 178 #2 Rice $730    EU Prices Baldo €660    EU Prices LG-A Ariete 5% €550    EU Prices MG Lotto 5% €500    EU Prices RG Balilla 5% €500    Russia Rapan $ 700    USA Jupiter Paddy $375    USA Calrose #1 Paddy $480    USA Jupiter Rice $630    USA Calrose #1 $830   

 Main Page
 Home Page of This Title
 Medium Grain Rice Market
 Global Market News
 Grain News
 Pulses News
 Global Overview
 Importers Profile
 Exporters Profile
 What Is Rice
 History Of Rice
 Rice Harvest Seasons
 Rice Processing
 Rice Nutrition Facts
 Meals With Rice
 Restaurants
 INCO Terms
 Ports
 US Rice Standards
 EU Codex Standards
 Egyptian Specs
 Sponsor List
 All Links
 Rice
 Grain
 Agriculture
 Commodity Exchange
 Weather
 Other
 Info
 Editor
 Advertisement
 Technical
Search in news database
Rice Imports Have Not Affected Taiwan's Domestic Market
Rice imports have so far not affected the domestic rice market, the Council of Agriculture (COA) said Sunday.

Since Taiwan was admitted to the World Trade Organization (WTO) in January 2002, it has been required to import up to 144,720 metric tons of rice annually.

But only 35 per cent of the mandatory amount has been opened for the private sector to import, with the remaining 65 per cent imported by the government for stockpiling for later distribution in accordance with the domestic market supply and demand situation.

As a result, COA officials said, the domestic rice market has so far not been affected by the restricted market opening measures.

In addition, the officials went on, the COA has adopted various other measures to protect rice farmers' rights and interests and maintain domestic market stability, including raising subsidies for rice paddy owners and farmers whose paddies are compulsorily left fallow, upgrading the quality of locally produced rice and promoting rice exports.

Noting that sustainable development of the rice farming industry is a government policy goal, the officials said the government is determined to develop a globally competitive rice production industry and protect rice farmers' legitimate rights and interests
MGR Archive 30.11.2004
Printer Friendly Version Of This Article
Send This Article To A Friend
User Name:
Password:
      Forgot your Password?
Region Type Price  
Russia Rapan $ 700
USA Jupiter Rice $630
USA Calrose #1 $830
USA Calrose #1 Paddy $480
EU Prices Baldo €660
Click for Details

Medium Grain Reports
Rice Market News
World Rice Markets and Trade
USDA Country Reports
Rice Market Monitor
Rice Outlook
Italian Paddy Supply
European Rice Weekly
EU Reports
Convert this amount:


Convert
  © 2002 All rights reserved. - Legal Notice